Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
Contact Asbestos Watch Rockhampton and get yourself a free quote.
Get your free asbestos removal quote today!
Asbestos Testing, collection to lab, test report directly to your email
The Queensland government recommends you to hire an asbestos removalist that has a valid license and proper training. To get outstanding asbestos testing services at realistic prices, contact Asbestos Watch Rockhampton. We have the competency and credibility to conduct asbestos-related works.
- The knowledge, skills and experience of our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team can ensure that the work will be performed safely and properly.
- Our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team have been trained and are highly skilled to deliver satisfactory results for our clients.
- We have extensive experience in handling asbestos materials in residential, commercial and industrial settings.
- Our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team will carry out all jobs in accordance with national and local regulations and safety procedures.
Why you need a pro to conduct asbestos testing
Handling asbestos alone may become dangerous for you. You risk being exposed to asbestos fibres. The Australian Work Health and Safety recommends you to hire accredited removalists who have followed training and certification to deal with asbestos-containing materials. Handling asbestos requires skill, knowledge and experience. It is not a job you can take lightly.
If you plan to perform a demolition or remodel your house, then testing for asbestos is a must. It is to prevent you from being exposed to asbestos products and risking your health or your environment during the work. If you want to test certain products in your home, you can hire Asbestos Watch, we are the licensed contractor to help you avoid any risks.
Friable material is dangerous as it can release fibres to the air when disturbed or damaged. If breathed, the toxic airborne fibres, can get into your respiratory system. If this happens, most likely it will put you at high risk of developing diseases such as, lung cancer and mesothelioma.
DO NOT DISTURB the surface of the suspected material before you receive the testing result. If there is a situation where damage to the suspected material is unavoidable, you need to take precautions. Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the work.
How do our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team collect asbestos samples?
If your property was built before the 1990s, you may want to have your home inspected or tested, especially if you are planning to remodel it or your home has damaged asbestos products. Then, you might consider to hire a trained and licensed asbestos removalist.
Collection Process for a large sampling block
Commercial property work:
- Identify the potential suspected area: Our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team will begin the job by performing a thorough inspection of your property. The inspection needs to be done comprehensively because of the characteristic of asbestos fibres.
- Sealing the removal area: Next, our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team will seal the area using plastic sheets, particularly 200-micron black plastic. The area will be quarantined.
- Wet the area: Our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team will wet the area by spraying a mixture of water and soap to the suspected area repeatedly. This is to ensure that the fibres will not be released into the air, the suspected product will continue to be dampened whilst the work is taking place. Next, the sample will be cut carefully from the main sheeting.
- Put the sample in a 200-micron plastic bag: Our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team will put the sample immediately in a 200-micron plastic bag right after they get the sample. The bag will be labelled using a permanent marker. The date and time and place of the sample collection will be written on the bag.
- Send the sample to an EPA accredited laboratory: Our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team will take the sample to a registered laboratory. The area will be kept clear until they recieve the results report. If the result is positive, they will discuss with you about the next step.
- Dispose of asbestos waste safely: You don’t need to worry about the asbestos waste as Asbestos Watch Rockhampton will dispose of all samples. All the waste will be disposed of in an EPA licensed disposal facility in the Rockhampton area. Once the work is completed, you will receive a written final report direct to your email inbox.
Call us now and our Asbestos Testing Rockhampton Team will come to your property right away! Be sure to request our free quote, for the latest information on our service prices.